Yuvraj battled lung tumour
Tuesday 29 November 2011
Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh played through the 2011 World Cup with a non-malignant tumour in his lung, he has revealed. Yuvraj, 29, who was man of the tournament after helping India to victory, has opted out of the upcoming one-day series against West Indies.
He said he was "overwhelmed" by the support he received and added: "I am absolutely fine, just need to get match fitness and training, will be back soon."
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia