Yuvraj battled lung tumour
Tuesday 29 November 2011
Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh played through the 2011 World Cup with a non-malignant tumour in his lung, he has revealed. Yuvraj, 29, who was man of the tournament after helping India to victory, has opted out of the upcoming one-day series against West Indies.
He said he was "overwhelmed" by the support he received and added: "I am absolutely fine, just need to get match fitness and training, will be back soon."
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police