Football: Leeds deny snag in Skuhravy deal

TOMAS SKUHRAVY, the Czech international striker, will still be joining Leeds, despite reports of a financial snag, the club insisted yesterday.

The managing director Bill Fotherby, aware of reports that Skuhravy's pounds 3m move to Elland Road was in doubt, faxed his club Genoa for clarification.

'I've just received the reply and the deal is on. The boy will be here on Monday week to sign and for a medical,' Fotherby said.

Skuhravy, who was in Leeds earlier this week, was quoted by a Czech news agency as claiming: 'The offer was not what I had expected.'

But Fotherby said: 'The terms he is talking about are with Genoa.'

Meanwhile, Kilmarnock, at the last moment, called off court action for breach of contract against the former manager Tommy Burns and his assistant, Billy Stark.

The Ayrshire club still intend to pursue their claim for compensation from Celtic, who have taken both men to form their new managerial team.

Tottenham have rejected a pounds 1.5m bid by Everton for unhappy midfielder Vinny Samways, who requested a transfer this summer.