Football: Milosevic still happy at Villa

Click to follow
The Aston Villa striker Savo Milosevic has rejected a move to Napoli. The Villa manager, Brian Little, was reluctant to let the 24-year- old striker leave, with Villa travelling to face Steaua Bucharest in the third round of the Uefa Cup on Tuesday, but he knows Milosevic can leave on a free transfer next summer.

Officials from the Italian club, who are second from bottom in Serie A, had been due in Birmingham yesterday for talks. However, the meeting was called off when it became clear that the clubs were too far apart over both their valuation of the player and the terms of payment.

The Yugoslav international was reluctant to move, too. "No one has contacted me from Napoli, and I don't want to go there," Milosevic said.

Nottingham Forest have released their Italian striker, Andrea Silenzi. The First Division leaders are believed to have paid the former international about pounds 150,000 to sever his contract, which was due to expire at the end of this season.

The Blackburn Rovers and Scotland midfielder, Billy McKinlay, has signed a new four-year contract at Ewood Park.

Bruce Grobbelaar said he will not take up an offer to coach Zimbabwe's national team unless the Zimbabwe Football Association guarantees his salary.

Comments