The 29-year-old journeyman was leaving the financially stricken Firhill club for a side who had just savoured their first Scottish Cup final in 40 years and looked a good bet for promotion to the Premier League.
So the Yorkshire-born striker was in a state of disbelief two weeks ago when he heard this year's semi-finalists were also in danger of closure after calling in the liquidator with debts of pounds 1.5m.
"I was down south when I heard things had gone wrong because I was suspended at the time," he said. "I found it hard to take in. For it to happen again to me in such a short space of time was just unbelievable.
"It was a total shock to find out my wages had been cut by 50 per cent. After leaving Partick Thistle and getting the chance to play for Falkirk, I couldn't believe it would happen again."
While Falkirk's long-term future is still uncertain with no new buyer visible as yet, the Brockville outfit are preparing for Saturday's semi- final match with Hearts in much-improved spirits.
The "Back the Bairns'' campaign has so far raised over pounds 25,000 to pay the players, ensuring that on-field matters are once again their chief focus for the time being.
"It wasn't a nice feeling to have to go home and tell your wife, and then have to keep phoning up to see if your money is in the bank," Moss added.
"But we've been told that the full, outstanding amount of our wages will be paid in today, so that's put a few minds at rest.
"There was already a superb team spirit at Falkirk before but this has brought us even closer together and certainly helped team morale before Saturday."
Moss's double strike in the 3-0 quarter-final win over St Johnstone - two of 15 he has notched this season - may have put Falkirk on the road to another possible final day out.
But after a career that has taken him from home-town club Doncaster to Scunthorpe via Chesterfield and on to Partick and now Falkirk, Moss striker is relishing his chance in the big-time.Reuse content