Football: Tapie talks of vendetta
Friday 09 July 1993
Marseille's owner, Bernard Tapie, who was questioned about allegations that Marseille bribed three Valenciennes players to throw a league match on 20 May, claimed yesterday that there was an organised campaign to destroy him. 'What I find unacceptable is that to attain this end they do not hesitate to destroy a club, and French football, in particular,' he said.
Abedi Pele, the 30-year-old Ghanaian international, has joined Lyon from Marseille for an undisclosed fee. He has a three-year contract with Lyon, who are coached by the former international, Jean Tigana.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
musicPolice chief rejects rappers' claims that his work is as dangerous as law enforcement or military service
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014: Football Manager developers predict the team of the tournament - but which England player makes it into the XI?
Transfer news: Manchester United step up chase for Internazionale midfielder Fredy Guarin - reports
Manchester City should have known rules in Bayern Munich match, says Rafa Benitez
Ashes 2013-14: Joker Steve Smith hits an unbeaten century which sees England let yet another dominating position slip away
Champions League last 16 draw 2013: Who could Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United meet?
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 3 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
£40000 - £50000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading prov...
£47999 - £58001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top Tier practi...
£74000 - £92000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Financial Services Lawyer 2-...
attractive: Citifocus: Leading Asset Management house, wish to identify a temp...