FOOTBALL: THAT WAS THE WEEKEND THAT WAS - KEY NUMBERS
Monday 09 August 1999
The number of former Match of the Day presenters (aka Des Lynam) watching Brighton's 6-0 demolition of Mansfield Town on Saturday.
The number of times in the last nine seasons that Wolves have started with a win.
The number of years Bradford City had been waiting to return to the top division.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
Arsenal v Everton: Mikel Arteta happy for Everton but can't wait to get one over them in Premier League clash
Transfer news: Manchester United's ambitious transfer plans at risk from possible failure to qualify for Champions League
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
£450 - £500 per day: PCR Recruitment Limited: Broadcast Systems Architect - Fi...
£32,000 plus benefits: The Green Recruitment Company: Our client has experienc...
£32,000 plus benefits: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitment Co...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...