AC Milan and Italy striker Antonio Cassano given go-ahead to play following heart surgery
Tuesday 03 April 2012
Antonio Cassano, the Italy and AC Milan forward who underwent heart surgery last year, has been given the go-ahead to start playing again following a scientific legal evaluation.
Cassano was passed fit following an examination at the Institute of Sports Medicine in Milan today, the club said in a statement.
"Cassano can immediately and legally line up with the team again," the Serie A champions said.
The 29-year-old underwent minor heart surgery in November after falling ill on the plane back from a match Roma, sidelining him just as he had hit one of the best spells of his career.
Latest in Sport
Hector Bellerin: How saying no to Barcelona paid off for Bellerin - and Arsenal
Paul Scholes column: With Premier League over for another year, here are my end of season awards
'I am the president of everybody': What Sepp Blatter said after winning re-election as Fifa president
Fifa bomb threat: Swiss authorities confirm a bomb threat has been made at the Fifa Congress
Michel Platini to consider pulling England and other Uefa members out of the World Cup if Sepp Blatter wins Fifa election
- 1 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 2 Maisie Williams has an excellent message for one confused fan
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Tampon tax scrapped in Canada after petition convinces conservative government
- 5 Kate Moss on the naked Calvin Klein shoot and the obsession that ended her relationship
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote