AC Milan and Italy striker Antonio Cassano given go-ahead to play following heart surgery
Tuesday 03 April 2012
Antonio Cassano, the Italy and AC Milan forward who underwent heart surgery last year, has been given the go-ahead to start playing again following a scientific legal evaluation.
Cassano was passed fit following an examination at the Institute of Sports Medicine in Milan today, the club said in a statement.
"Cassano can immediately and legally line up with the team again," the Serie A champions said.
The 29-year-old underwent minor heart surgery in November after falling ill on the plane back from a match Roma, sidelining him just as he had hit one of the best spells of his career.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations