Alexis Sanchez expected to join Barcelona
Thursday 23 June 2011
Barcelona are still favourites to land Chile international Alexis Sanchez this summer, according to Udinese owner Gianpaolo Pozzo.
The highly-rated winger is one of the hottest names on the transfer market and is also a target of Manchester City.
The 22-year-old, who is under contract with Udinese until June 2014, is valued at €50 million.
"Barcelona are ahead of City," said Pozzo to Gazzetta dello Sport. "But the player has not expressed a big preference between the two clubs.
"Of course, we will consider his opinion.
"The deal is not done because there are still details yet to iron out."
Sanchez scored 12 goals this term to help the Serie A outfit finish fourth in the league and qualify for the Champions League next season.
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc