Allegri slams AC Milan side after draw
Monday 20 September 2010
Coach Massimiliano Allegri slammed his AC Milan side after they were held to a 1-1 draw by Catania in the San Siro.
The Rossoneri rescued a point thanks to a Pippo Inzaghi goal right on half-time, with Allegri disappointed by his team’s commitment and decision-making in the game.
He commented: “Once again we made the same mistakes and allowed too many counter-attacks, especially after we went a goal down.
“We ought to win at home and must certainly do better, especially in terms of a work ethic.
“We know Serie A is tough and every game is difficult, so we must learn patience and play like a mature side.
“I don’t think it’s so much a concentration issue as the fact teams who sit back and only go on the counter-attack will inevitably preserve energy.
“When tiredness sets in, the technique is also affected.”
Marvel has released the first teaser trailer a week early after it leaked online
Latest in Sport
Anderlecht vs Arsenal match report: Kieran Gibbs and Lukas Podolski pounce as Arsenal leave it late
How Real Madrid started copying Barcelona's old pass masters, and began reaping the rewards
Liverpool vs Real Madrid player ratings: Was Cristiano Ronaldo the star man? And how did Mario Balotelli fare?
Liverpool vs Real Madrid match report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema run Reds ragged at Anfield
Arsenal player ratings
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure' for paralysis
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'