Allegri slams AC Milan side after draw
Monday 20 September 2010
Coach Massimiliano Allegri slammed his AC Milan side after they were held to a 1-1 draw by Catania in the San Siro.
The Rossoneri rescued a point thanks to a Pippo Inzaghi goal right on half-time, with Allegri disappointed by his team’s commitment and decision-making in the game.
He commented: “Once again we made the same mistakes and allowed too many counter-attacks, especially after we went a goal down.
“We ought to win at home and must certainly do better, especially in terms of a work ethic.
“We know Serie A is tough and every game is difficult, so we must learn patience and play like a mature side.
“I don’t think it’s so much a concentration issue as the fact teams who sit back and only go on the counter-attack will inevitably preserve energy.
“When tiredness sets in, the technique is also affected.”
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?