Barcelona 2 Manchester City 1 - player ratings: Lionel Messi top dog again but which City player got closest?
All the player ratings from the Nou Camp
Thursday 13 March 2014
Manchester City tried their best to come through a seemingly impossible task against Barcelona to reach the quarter finals of the Champions League but ended up well beaten, so how did each player do on the night?
Sergio Aguero only had a handful of touches in the first half and was replaced by Edin Dzeko at half time.
It was a tale of two centre backs for Manuel Pellegrini's side as Vincent Kompany put in City's best performance on the night and was rewarded with a goal whereas Joleon Lescott will be having Messi filled nightmares for days.
The Argentine genius was superb once again but Neymar and Xavi also put in quality shifts and ensured Barcelona a place in the quarter finals.
See how each player rated below...
Latest in Sport
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol