Barcelona win race to sign Brazilian wonderkid Neymar say reports in Spain
Tuesday 20 March 2012
Barcelona have already made a €14m (£11.6m) downpayment to Brazilian club Santos for Neymar according to Spain’s biggest radio station, Cadena Ser.
Chelsea and Real Madrid both enquired about the attacker last season but Cadena Ser reported last night that Barcelona president Sandro Rosell closed the deal at the Copa America last July, agreeing a fee of €58m.
Santos and Barcelona are still negotiating when the player will arrive with Barça wanting him at the end of next season and Santos preferring 2014.
Latest in Sport
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year