Bayern Munich deny reports linking them with Pep Guardiola
Former Barcelona boss wants to return to management
Bayern Munich have dismissed reports the club want Pep Guardiola to take over as coach for next season.
The former Barcelona boss, who has admitted he wants to return to coaching after taking a year out, has been linked with the Bundesliga giants.
Bayern's current boss Jupp Heynckes is only under contract until the end of the season and has not yet indicated whether he intends to stay on.
But Bayern's media director Markus Horwick described claims the club had approached Guardiola to take over as "complete rubbish".
He told the Bild newspaper: "We are only talking only with Jupp Heynckes. Jupp Heynckes is our one and only person to talk to."
Bayern's denials could be good news for the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City, who have both been linked with Guardiola.
Latest in Sport
The Prince of Wales Stakes today is regarded by many as the No1 race of the Royal Ascot meeting and ...
by Gareth Purnell
19 June 2013 02:01 AM
Today’s St James Palace looks a cracker and there has been sustained money for Dawn Approach since t...
by Gareth Purnell
18 June 2013 02:01 AM
Newcastle don’t need a football director – they need a new medical team after finishing bottom of the injury league
Newcastle United have shocked their fans by appointing Joe Kinnear as director of football but new f...
by Alex Miller
17 June 2013 04:39 PM
ACT Brumbies v British and Irish Lions - player ratings
Liverpool expected to complete deal for £6m Spanish winger Luis Alberto in next 48 hours
In pictures: Royal Ascot 2013 - Opening day
Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo advised to stay at Real Madrid for further 18 months before making possible switch to Manchester United
Italy Under-21s 2 Spain Under-21s 4 match report: Thiago Alcantara's hat-trick seals European Championship for Spanish youngsters
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf