Bayern Munich loan Japanese striker
Monday 27 June 2011
Japanese club Gamba Osaka says it has loaned young striker Takashi Usami to German giants Bayern Munich.
Gamba said Monday the transfer will be for six months, with the possibility of a full transfer later.
The 19-year-old forward had come through the youth ranks with Gamba and had also progressed quickly through the national team set-up to be drafted into the senior national squad, without yet earning a cap.
Latest in Sport
Liverpool, Chelsea or Manchester City: Who will be the eventual winners in the race for the Premier League title?
Daniel Sturridge injury: Liverpool striker to have tests on hamstring problem
Transfer news: Diego Costa move to Chelsea impossible to stop, admits Diego Simeone
Fulham so grateful to faithful fans the players have been calling them to say thanks for renewing their season tickets
Hillsborough disaster anniversary: Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez among those at Anfield to pay tribute to the 96 who lost their lives
- 1 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 2 The best movies on Netflix: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 What's in the safe? Man live-photographs cracking of mysterious locked box on Reddit
- 5 Drugs giant GlaxoSmithKline bribed doctors to boost sales, says whistleblower
David Cameron: 'Jesus invented the Big Society – I'm just continuing God's work'
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave