AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani claims it is "very probable" David Beckham will re-join the Rossoneri on loan in January.
Beckham moved to the San Siro during the Major League Soccer off-season last January, initially on a three-month loan deal, but impressed so much his stay was extended until the end of the Serie A campaign.
It has long been expected the Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder would return to Milan to keep his fitness levels up and remain in Fabio Capello's England squad for South Africa.
Galliani has confirmed Milan remain equally as keen for the 34-year-old to return.
"It's very probable that Beckham will come to Milan on loan until June 30, but I don't give anything as fact until there's a signature," said the Milan chief at a convention in Monte Carlo.
Galaxy confirmed last week they will be prepared to loan Beckham to a European club again.
Tim Leiweke, the chief executive of AEG which owns Galaxy, said: "We know he has to be playing in Europe leading up to the World Cup. That has been made clear to us, and we are going to support that.
"He will be somewhere come January, and we will see him back in July.
"We have a contract - and despite people thinking we're going to sell him, we're not. David is going to finish his career with the Galaxy."Reuse content