Brad Friedel in line for first Tottenham start for a month
American keeper has been edged out recently by Hugo Lloris
Wednesday 05 December 2012
Andre Villas-Boas looks set to hand Brad Friedel his first Tottenham start in almost a month against Panathinaikos tomorrow.
Hugo Lloris has started in goal for the last five games, but Friedel will be given a chance against the Greeks in the Europa League clash, Villas-Boas confirmed today.
Gareth Bale and Michael Dawson are out with hamstring injuries while long-term absentees Scott Parker (Achilles), Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Younes Kaboul (both knee) remain sidelined.
Provisional squad: Cudicini, Friedel, Naughton, Walker, Caulker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Livermore, Huddlestone, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Mason, Sandro, Dembele, Carroll, Townsend, Dempsey, Defoe, Adebayor.
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?