England coach Fabio Capello is confident that he will be cleared of wrongdoing in Italian tax and court investigations, he has said in an interview.
Prosecutors in Turin said on Tuesday that a lengthy investigation into possible tax fraud by the 61-year-old had been extended to his wife and two adult sons. "If there was one thing that I've always said to my consultants, it was that I didn't want to end up on the front page because of tax problems. But it happened," Capello told Vanity Fair magazine. "I am very convinced that everything has been done in a correct way, I am calm," he added.
Capello is also being probed on suspicion of withholding information last month at a trial involving Luciano Moggi, the ex-Juventus director central to Italy's match-fixing affair.
"I was very surprised. I was heard by the prosecutor as a witness during the investigation and at the trial I repeated the same things that I had already said. I am convinced everything will be sorted out soon," the former Juventus coach said, adding that he was still good friends with Moggi.Reuse content