Carlo Ancelotti keen to keep David Beckham at Paris Saint-Germain
Thursday 28 March 2013
The Paris Saint-Germain manager, Carlo Ancelotti, is hopeful David Beckham will stay with the French giants into next season.
Former England captain Beckham, 37, joined the Ligue 1 leaders in January and Ancelotti has been encouraged by his per-formances. Before today's league match against Montpellier, he said: "I would be totally in favour of David Beckham extending his stay for next season but it's a decision for the club and the player."
While many clubmates were on international duty, Beckham (above) paid a promotional visit to China. "Beckham is available," said Ancelotti. "He returned to Paris on Wednesday and missed only one training session."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
Tunisia beach attack: How can British Muslims respond to the latest outrages?