Champions League final: Borussia Dortmund confirm Bayern Munich bound Mario Gotze will miss Wembley final
The £35m midfielder will not feature on Saturday night
Thursday 23 May 2013
Borussia Dortmund have confirmed Mario Götze will miss the Champions League final against Bayern Munich at Wembley on Saturday.
The 20-year-old attacking midfielder has lost his battle to be fit for what would have been his last game for Dortmund ahead of his £31.5m move to Bayern.
Götze, who suffered a hamstring injury in the semi-final second leg against Real Madrid, said in a statement: "I have huge belief in our team and will naturally travel."
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police