Champions League final: Borussia Dortmund confirm Bayern Munich bound Mario Gotze will miss Wembley final
The £35m midfielder will not feature on Saturday night
Thursday 23 May 2013
Borussia Dortmund have confirmed Mario Götze will miss the Champions League final against Bayern Munich at Wembley on Saturday.
The 20-year-old attacking midfielder has lost his battle to be fit for what would have been his last game for Dortmund ahead of his £31.5m move to Bayern.
Götze, who suffered a hamstring injury in the semi-final second leg against Real Madrid, said in a statement: "I have huge belief in our team and will naturally travel."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers