Cristiano Ronaldo admits: 'I really miss Manchester United'
However the forward also says he is 'really happy' at Real Madrid
Wednesday 03 July 2013
Cristiano Ronaldo has no intention of leaving Real Madrid despite admitting he misses Manchester United.
The 28-year-old has two years to run on his deal at Madrid, who paid a world record £80million fee to prise him away from United in 2009.
Ronaldo hinted he might yet like to return to Old Trafford before his career ends, but denied suggestions a switch could come any time soon.
"Yes I really miss English football," he said during a promotional event in Singapore.
"For me it was one of the best years in my career when I was there at Manchester United. Everyone knows that.
"It is the club that is still in my heart. I really miss (the club).
"But now my life is in Spain. I'm enjoying playing there too. Part of my life is there. The future we never know.
"I'm really, really happy in the Spanish league at the moment."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us