Dzeko focused on Wolfsburg campaign
Friday 12 November 2010
Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko has vowed to put any transfer talk out of his mind for the time being, after a big-money summer move failed to materialise.
The 24-year-old Bosnia international continues to be linked with a number of top clubs across Europe, but Dzeko is fully focused on helping Wolves recover from a slow start to the campaign.
He told Eurosport: “I am not a guy to give people stress.
“After the club made the decision not to allow a move, I have been getting back to fully focusing on Wolfsburg and the season ahead. I just wanted to score my goals.
“It is not that difficult to stay, you also need to show you are a strong character. At this point in time I feel no use in thinking about a transfer away from my club.”
Latest in Sport
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches, it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up