Europa League draw: Sevilla to play Valencia and Benfica meet Juventus in semi-finals
Valencia reached the last four after a remarkable comeback against Basle last night
Friday 11 April 2014
Sevilla will take on Primera Division rivals Valencia in the semi-finals of the Europa League, with Benfica and Juventus going head to head in the other last-four encounter.
Unai Emery's in-form Sevilla side coasted into the semi-finals with a 4-1 win over Porto at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan stadium to progress 4-2 on aggregate and secure the coach a tie against his former club.
Emery led Valencia to three top-three finishes in the Primera Division before leaving the Mestalla in 2012.
Valencia booked their place in the semi-finals with a remarkable comeback to beat Basle 5-0 on Thursday, overturning a 3-0 first-leg deficit.
Benfica stepped up their pursuit of a first European trophy for over 50 years with a 3-0 aggregate success against AZ Alkmaar, while Juventus edged Lyon 2-1 to advance 3-1 overall.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'