Fabiano pledges future to Sevilla
Tuesday 27 July 2010
Luis Fabiano appears to have ruled out a move to the Premier League after pledging his future to Sevilla.
The Brazil World Cup striker has been tracked by Tottenham, Manchester United and AC Milan this summer, but is keen to stay in La Liga with the Andalucian side.
"During my time at the World Cup I was very calm because I knew that I was going to stay at Sevilla," explained the South American.
"Much was said but nothing true.
"I couldn't talk because I was with the Brazil team but I have a year left on my contract with Sevilla and I am very happy.
"I really want to defend once again the Sevilla badge and I would love to help lift a trophy (Spanish Super Cup) in August."
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014 draw: Daunting draw but England have nothing to lose against Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
Ashes 2013-14: Mitchell Johnson is proving England are spent force
Ashes 2013-14: England's batsmen have got 'no bottle' says Geoffrey Boycott
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail