Fabiano unsettled at Sevilla
Monday 27 September 2010
Striker Luis Fabiano is unsettled at Sevilla, according to his agent.
The 29-year-old Brazil international was strongly linked with a move to the Premier League and Tottenham during the summer, but reports claimed the north London club refused to meet the £20million asking price.
Fabiano remained with Sevilla and penned a new three-year contract last month but, after finding himself out of the starting line-up at the Spanish club during the opening weeks of the new season, is beginning to have second thoughts.
"The situation is unpleasant. Luis Fabiano does not understand and neither do we," agent Jose Fuentes told The People.
"I don't understand Sevilla's decision to give him a new deal until 2013 and then leave him on the bench.
"He is Brazil's number nine and has scored 95 goals for Sevilla, and that merits respect.
"If it doesn't change then we are obliged to seek a move."
Latest in Sport
Cristiano Ronaldo: Unhappy forward is ready to quit Real Madrid, according to Angel Di Maria
Tim Wiese offered WWE role after German goalkeeper packs on muscle
Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal: Jurgen Klopp concerned with Dortmund injuries and praises signings of Danny Welbeck and Alexis Sanchez
Hull City vs West Ham match report: Enner Valencia stars as honours shared at the KC Stadium
Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United: Ramon Calderon claims Real Madrid star is 'fed up'
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
- 5 QS university world rankings: Imperial College London leapfrogs Oxford to join Cambridge as best British university
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly