Fabregas will miss Porto clash
Monday 08 March 2010
Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has been ruled out of tomorrow's Champions League clash with Porto because of a hamstring problem.
The midfielder limped off after scoring the opening goal in the 3-1 Barclays Premier League victory over Burnley on Saturday.
The tightness was in the same hamstring he injured earlier in the season, which kept him out of action at the turn of the year.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger said: "We cannot even take a gamble, so he is not available."
Veteran defender Sol Campbell did, however, join in training and he looks set to recover from a groin problem in time to face the Portuguese side, who will take a 2-1 lead to the Emirates Stadium for the second leg of the last-16 tie.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Latest in Sport
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world