Ferdinand will start Inter Milan tie
Tuesday 10 March 2009
Sir Alex Ferguson has announced that Rio Ferdinand and John O'Shea are fit and will start the match against Inter Milan tomorrow night.
Ferdinand left the pitch injured during Saturday's 4-0 stroll past Fulham in the FA Cup and it was feared he might not be ready to play against Jose Mourinho's team.
However, Ferdinand took part in full-training this morning, while O'Shea has also reacted positively after treatment to a heel problem.
"They are both fit and they will both play," said Ferguson.
"They both trained for the first time this morning and that was important for us."
Ferdinand will partner Nemanja Vidic in central defence. The Serbian defender was suspended for the first-leg but returns following his one-match ban.
The Washington Post editor helped Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein bring down President Nixon
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Latest in Sport
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world