Feyenoord consider Miyaichi return
Wednesday 22 June 2011
Feyenoord technical director Martin van Geel will weigh up all options before deciding whether to sign Arsenal winger Ryo Miyaichi on another loan deal.
The 18-year-old Japanese was bought by the Gunners in January and immediately loaned out to the Eredivisie side, where he quickly became a fans' favourite.
Reports have suggested Miyaichi could head back to Feyenoord next season for another loan spell, but despite making a huge impression there, Van Geel insists such a deal is not as clear-cut as people may think.
"Ryo has definitely been of great value to us," he told Voetbal International.
"The lad has done very well with us, but we also have to look at our own players.
"In Sekou Cisse and Jerson Cabral we have two players able to work just as well as Ryo in the same position. We cannot turn a blind eye to that.
"Therefore we will go through everything and then make a considered decision whether it is wise to bring in Ryo."
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc