Fiorentina insist Chelsea 'target' Stevan Jovetic will not be sold
Wednesday 16 May 2012
Fiorentina have no intention of selling Stevan Jovetic this summer despite reports in Italy linking the Montenegrin striker with a move to Chelsea.
The 22-year-old has been linked with a move to the Premier League in recent years.
Chelsea were reportedly keen to sign him in January, but no agreement was reached with the Serie A club.
"We want to build our future around Jovetic," Fiorentina club administrator Sandro Mencucci told Gazzetta dello Sport. "He has a contract until June 2016.
"Being a great player, it's normal that several clubs are monitoring him."
Jovetic, who joined Fiorentina from Partizan in 2008, scored 14 league goals in 27 league appearances for the Tuscan outfit this season.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police