Gareth Bale to rent Kaka's mansion in Madrid
Brazilian is on loan at Milan and could make move permanent
Wednesday 25 September 2013
Michael Owen spoke of being frustratingly cooped up in a hotel room during his time at Real Madrid, but the same will not be said for Gareth Bale.
The Welshman, who moved for a world-record £86m from Tottenham during the summer, will reportedly rent Kaka’s mansion during his first season at Madrid at least, with the Brazilian back in Italy with Milan on a season-long loan.
The property, worth €7.2m (£6.5m), will set Bale back €12,000 (£10,000) per month in rent to his landlord Kaka, who will no doubt be unimpressed when Bale phones up and complains about the boiler.
Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo reported that Bale will soon move in to the property in the exclusive La Finca region, and will be have team-mates Karim Benzema, Cristiano Ronaldo, Iker Casillas and Sergio Ramos as his neighbours.
But Bale will hope the house does not become a curse for Madrid's world-record transfer fee holders. Kaka moved from Milan for a then record £56m but the midfielder's time at the Bernabeu was blighted by injuries and loss of form.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Latest in Sport
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent