Guardiola suffering from back problem
Friday 04 March 2011
The Barcelona manager, Pep Guardiola, has been diagnosed with a spinal disc hernia after he was admitted to hospital suffering from acute lower back pain.
The 40-year-old looked in discomfort during his side's 1-0 win at Valencia on Wednesday and the club confirmed Guardiola would be treated in hospital with drugs and an epidural.
"Pep is not feeling great," his assistant, Tito Vilanova, said. "He is having a bad time and doesn't know where to put himself."
elephant appealPrince William signs up for our charity appeal
elephant appealSo says man jailed for cutting off dead elephant's tusks
booksWe examine the best titles for teens
scienceResearchers teach border collie to understand sentences using more than 1,000 words
booksA Christmas story in six parts
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Latest in Sport
Liverpool 3 Cardiff City 1 match report: Luis Suarez leaves Malky Mackay with nothing but pride
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Spurs don't want Glenn Hoddle as their new manager
Arsène Wenger: Now is the time to finally beat Jose Mourinho
Manchester United 3 West Ham 1 match report: Ashley Young returns in style to finish off Hammers
- 1 Top PR exec Justine Sacco under fire for sending racist tweet before flying to Africa
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 The publisher who played with fire: the battle for control of Larsson's £30m legacy
- 5 Police seize possessions of rough sleepers in crackdown on homelessness