Hearts fined by Uefa after fans exited stands at Anfield in Europa League tie against Liverpool
Friday 21 September 2012
Hearts have been fined £4,000 after supporters spilled out of the stand when they took the lead against Liverpool at Anfield.
David Templeton's late goal levelled the Europa League tie on aggregate before Luis Suarez put Liverpool into the group stages.
A Uefa statement read: "Heart of Midlothian FC have been fined 5,000 by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body for "pitch invasion by supporters" at last month's UEFA Europa League play-off second-leg match at Anfield Road between Liverpool FC and the Scottish club."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'