Javier Pastore likely to leave Palermo
Friday 19 November 2010
Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini has given his strongest hint yet that Argentinian playmaker Javier Pastore will leave the club next summer.
The 21-year-old is reported to be a target for several of Europe’s top clubs, with Barcelona rumoured to be leading the pursuit.
Zamparini told Tuttosport: “Until the end of season he will play for Palermo. Despite my interest for the club and player, I am already looking for his replacement.
“It will be impossible to find a replacement because he is too good.
“Also, I feel it will be difficult for an Italian club to buy him. His price is already high at 70million euros - he will move abroad.”
“I refused 25million euros from Real Madrid. Pastore would like to play with Lionel Messi (at Barcelona), but if an offer of 100million euros were to arrive from (Chelsea’s) Roman Abramovich, I would take it into consideration.”
Latest in Sport
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling