Jose Mourinho expects Xabi Alonso and Karim Benzema to return for Real Madrid's cup clash against Barcelona
Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho expects to have Xabi Alonso and Karim Benzema back for his side's Copa Del Rey semi-final second leg clash with Barcelona tomorrow night.
Both players missed Real's 2-1 win over Deportivo la Coruna on Saturday, but when asked today if Alonso would be fit for the big match at the Nou Camp, Mourinho said: "I think so".
Of Benzema, he said: "He trained with the squad yesterday and today and it seemed to me he is in the right physical condition to play."
Real will play Barcelona again on Saturday in the league. The Catalan club are currently 12 points clear at the top of La Liga.
Barcelona will be hopeful of progressing to the cup final, with the sides thrashing out a 1-1 draw in the first leg at the Bernebeu last month.
Three days after the second Barca match, Real play the second leg of the Champions League second round tie with Manchester United. The two sides drew the first leg 1-1 at the Bernebeu.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United's best XI of the season so far: No place for Angel Di Maria or Juan Mata
Manchester United's Angel Di Maria sells more shirts than Alexis Sanchez, Diego Costa and every other player in the Premier League
Hector Bellerin opens up on switch from Barcelona to Arsenal
WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
WrestleMania 31: What time does it start? Full match card and preview ahead of WWE event
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans