Juventus midfielder given ban for diving
Wednesday 27 October 2010
Juventus midfielder Milos Krasic will miss Saturday's Serie A trip to Milan after being banned for two matches for diving during Sunday's draw at Bologna.
The league said that, upon reviewing video evidence, it was clear there had been no contact with Bologna's Daniele Portanova. "The referee made an error because of a dive by the Juventus player," a statement said.
The Italian Football Federation has used video evidence after matches to ban divers in the past and has been at the forefront of calls for Fifa to make use of technology while games take place.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate