Juventus stadium ban lifted
Friday 01 May 2009
Fans will be allowed to watch Juventus host Lecce in Serie A this weekend after an appeal court decided on Thursday to suspend a decision to ban supporters.
Juve were ordered to play Sunday's game behind closed doors by the Italian league after fans racially abused Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli in a 1-1 draw in Turin earlier this month.
The club lost a first appeal at the Italian soccer federation on Tuesday but decided to appeal again to the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI).
CONI said in a statement the ban would be temporarily lifted pending a further hearing to examine the evidence on 14 May.
Juve have slipped to third in Serie A having been knocked out of the Italian Cup semi-finals and the Champions League last 16.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians