Kung-fu 'keeper tie to be replayed
Thursday 29 December 2011
The abandoned Dutch Cup tie between Ajax Amsterdam and AZ Alkmaar will be replayed on 19 January behind closed doors.
The 20 December match was halted after 38 minutes when an Ajax fan ran on to the pitch and attacked Alkmaar goalkeeper Esteban, who picked up a red card from referee Bas Nijhuis for his violent retaliation against the supporter.
Alkmaar's coach, Gert Jan Verbeek, immediately ordered his players back to the dressing room and the team refused to continue the match, saying they feared for their safety.
Latest in Sport
Italy vs England player ratings: Did Andros Townsend's goal see him beat Harry Kane and Wayne Rooney to top marks?
WWE Raw results: Brock Lesnar suspended for post-Wrestlemania 31 rampage after losing title to Seth Rollins
WrestleMania 31: The Undertaker begins a new streak after tombstoning Bray Wyatt
Louis van Gaal: Manchester United boss reveals that being a 'slow player' made him a better manager on warts and all documentary
Proposals for 'scripted' Premier League matches stepped up after success of Wrestlemania 31
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 3 Trevor Noah: Jon Stewart's replacement faces online criticism over 'anti-Semitic' tweets
- 4 Turkey power cut: Prime Minister says nationwide blackout could be caused by terrorists
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers