Legrottaglie swaps Juve for Milan
Monday 31 January 2011
AC Milan signed defender Nicola Legrottaglie from Juventus, with the struggling Turin club hoping to bring in Cagliari striker Alessandro Matri on the final day of the transfer window in Italy.
Milan announced Monday it had acquired the 34-year-old Legrottaglie's full rights until the end of this season. The Serie A leaders were in need of a new center back with Alessandro Nesta constantly in and out of the lineup due to injury.
Juventus striker Amauri was in talks with Parma, and his possible transfer could open the way for Matri's move.
European champion Inter Milan, meanwhile, loaned midfielder Sulley Muntari to Sunderland at the weekend and is reportedly trying to convince defender Davide Santon to accept a loan to Cesena and take Japan defender Yuto Nagatomo in exchange.
Also, midfielder Cristiano Zanetti transferred from Fiorentina to Brescia; and Napoli presented its new defender Victor Ruiz, who joined from Espanyol in Spain.
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Latest in Sport
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Police forces probed over earlier allegations as paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile