Manchester City v Barcelona: 'City are a long way behind Barcelona,' says Neymar
Brazilian forward claims his opponents do not yet have enough European experience
Manuel Pellegrini's free-scoring Manchester City may have scored 42 goals at the Etihad Stadium in the Premier League this season, but for Barcelona forward Neymar, they are still some way away from becoming a European powerhouse.
City face their first ever Champions League knockout round fixture against Barca at home tonight, and while the Brazilian international is complementary of his opponents, he believes that they do not have enough experience in the competition yet to be considered an elite club.
"I have read the things about Manchester City beating Barcelona because of the amount of goals they are scoring in England - but I think the reality is that Manchester City are still a long way behind Barcelona," the 22-year-old told goal.com.
"They do have very good players - but we have much more experience in the competition.
"We will respect them - but if we concentrate and play the way we know we can - then I think we will progress."
Neymar has scored seven goals in 17 La Liga matches for Barca this season after signing from Santos over the summer, and has recently returned to Tata Martino's side after injuring his ankle last month.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United's best XI of the season so far: No place for Angel Di Maria or Juan Mata
Hector Bellerin opens up on switch from Barcelona to Arsenal
WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
WrestleMania 31: What time does it start? Full match card and preview ahead of WWE event
WrestleMania 31: Undertaker begins a new streak after tombstoning Bray Wyatt
- 1 Germanwings plane crash: Video shows co-pilot Andreas Lubitz learning to fly as a teenager
- 2 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 3 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 4 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
- 5 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew