Manchester United v Bayern Munich: 10 reasons why Manchester United can reach the semi-finals of the Champions League
A look at the reasons why United could spring a surprise on Tuesday night and put one foot in the last eight
Could Manchester United really beat Bayern Munich in their Champions League quarter-final first leg?
The thought is almost laughable, given United's dismal form this season compared to Bayern's unstoppable charge to the Bundesliga title and the prospect of back-to-back triumphs in Europe.
There is no doubt David Moyes' side come up against the strongest team in Europe who in the last round had few problems navigating their way past Arsenal, a team higher in the Premier League than United.
However, there are a few reasons for optimism.
Ahead of tonight's game at Old Trafford we take a look at what those are. Check out our guide below...
Read more: Manchester United v Bayern Munich - match preview
Giggs plays down rift with Moyes
Bayern are beatable, says Rafael
Latest in Sport
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland