Manuel Neuer: Arsenal face a Bayern Munich goalkeeper so confident he wears weird gloves
Manuel Neuer hasn't conceded since 2012
If Theo Walcott or Santi Cazorla hope to get anything in Arsenal's match against Bayern Munich tomorrow, they'll have to do something no player has done since last year: score past Manuel Neuer.
The Bayern and Germany stopper is in fine form, conceding only seven goals in 22 games this season, and hasn't let in any in his last six. His last concession came in a 1-1 draw against Borussia Monchengladbach, and even that was a penalty.
But clearly he thinks there's room for improvement, because he's adopted the weird innovation of a four-fingered (or three-fingered, depending on how you define the thumb bit) glove.
Neuer debuted the weird glove in his side's 2-0 win away at Wolfsburg, and they will make their Champions League debut against the Gunners tomorrow.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer news and rumours: Gabriel Paulista sent to Paris to speed up move; Luis Suarez bid planned; Gunners eye Daniele Rugani
Gabriel Paulista: Talented Brazilian could grow into world-class defender at Arsenal
Andy Murray vs Tomas Berydch: Murray cool over reunion with coach Dani Vallverdu at the Australian Open
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Pair finally meet at NBA game and shake hands, will the fight be announced during Super Bowl?
Manchester United transfer news and rumours: David De Gea new deal; Gareth Bale on speculation; Wilfried Zaha exit
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Louise Mensch says 'F**K YOU' in explosive tweets about David Cameron, Saudi Embassy and the Queen over King Abdullah tributes