Marseille v Arsenal: Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud declared fit for Champions League tie
Per Mertescaker is also back in contention for the trip to France
Tuesday 17 September 2013
Arsenal have been handed a boost ahead of their Champions League opener against Marseille after deadline-day signing Mesut Ozil and striker Olivier Giroud were passed fit.
The duo had been in doubt after Saturday's 3-1 win over Sunderland, when midfielder Ozil made his Gunners debut.
Centre-back Per Mertescaker is also back in contention after he missed the trip to the Stadium of Light while Thomas Vermaelen (back) returned to full training last week.
Provisional Squad: Szczesny, Monreal, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Sagna, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Wilshere, Walcott, Giroud, Fabianski, Viviani, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Flamini, Akpom, Hayden.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta clashes with President Obama on LGBT equality: ‘Gay rights is really a non-issue’
- 2 Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
- 3 Mers outbreak: Manchester Royal Infirmary A&E closes over suspected cases
- 4 Jon Snow alive? New Game of Thrones toy line suggests he's not among the dead
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’
The 9 charts that show the 'left-wing' policies of Jeremy Corbyn the public actually agrees with
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
What the Labour party could look like under Jeremy Corbyn
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park