Marseille v Arsenal: Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud declared fit for Champions League tie
Per Mertescaker is also back in contention for the trip to France
Tuesday 17 September 2013
Arsenal have been handed a boost ahead of their Champions League opener against Marseille after deadline-day signing Mesut Ozil and striker Olivier Giroud were passed fit.
The duo had been in doubt after Saturday's 3-1 win over Sunderland, when midfielder Ozil made his Gunners debut.
Centre-back Per Mertescaker is also back in contention after he missed the trip to the Stadium of Light while Thomas Vermaelen (back) returned to full training last week.
Provisional Squad: Szczesny, Monreal, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Sagna, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Wilshere, Walcott, Giroud, Fabianski, Viviani, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Flamini, Akpom, Hayden.
Latest in Sport
- 1 If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 3 Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
- 4 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 5 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be