Milan miss out on going top
Thursday 02 February 2012
Milan missed their chance to go top of Serie A last night as they went down 2-0 to Lazio.
With leaders Juventus unable to play their match at Parma on Tuesday due to the ongoing cold snap, Milan had the opportunity to go above them at the summit but instead went down to late goals in Rome. Hernanes put Lazio ahead in the 76th minute before Tommaso Rocchi capped off a good evening for the hosts with five minutes remaining.
Udinese moved to within two points of Milan and three of Juve with a 2-1 victory over Lecce, Antonio Di Natale getting their winner. Internazionale's Diego Milito scored four times but his side were held 4-4 by Palermo.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Latest in Sport
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Ashes 2013-14 comment: England need to learn from Australia and master art of avoiding 'the creep'
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive rivalry - after the former Manchester United and Arsenal captains shared ice cream in Warsaw
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 TK Maxx and discount stores: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent