Tonight in the Champions League, Arsenal take on Monaco in the Last 16.
After losing the first leg at the Emirates 3-1, it'll take a monumental effort for the Gunners to reach the quarter-final - a victory by a three-goal margin will guarantee progress, but a 4-2 win will get them there too on away goals.
- Monaco vs Arsenal - match report
- Wenger's career at Monaco - in pics
- Arsenal or Monaco - Chelsea's Hazard reveals who he wants to win
- Wenger backs Arsenal to produce 'special' comeback
- Mertesacker: Arsenal could not cope in 3-1 loss
- Thierry Henry: Arsenal can deliver
Please allow a moment for the blog to load..
Goals from Geoffrey Kondogbia, former Tottenham, Manchester United and Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov, and a third from substitute Yannick Ferreira Carrasco put Leonardo Jardim's side firmly in the driving seat ahead of the second leg.
Nonetheless, Wenger remains confident that his Gunners side can still secure a place in the next round.
"The statistics are against us," Wenger told reporters. "The result in the first leg is against us. We are conscious of that. No matter how big the percentage is we have to give absolutely everything to make the stats lie. That’s our desire and belief that we can do it.”
- More about: