Napoli v Arsenal - Champions League: Arsenal fans to be taken to stadium in designated coaches amid safety concerns
There are fears of potential attacks in Naples
Arsenal fans will be transported on designated coaches from the port area of Naples to the San Paulo stadium for Wednesday night’s Champions League game against Napoli in order to protect them from potential attacks from local fans.
The club have only taken 700 of their 3,000 away allocation for the game and all those travelling have been given safety guides. The hardcore of the Napoli support let off flares and fought outside before their last home Champions League game against Marseilles. Uefa fined both clubs a total of €55,000 for the trouble.
Latest in Sport
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services