Pandev certain of Lazio exit
Wednesday 10 June 2009
Lazio striker Goran Pandev has told club president Claudio Lotito that he definitely wants to move on this summer.
The 25-year-old FYR Macedonia frontman has been heavily linked with a move to Bayern Munich in recent times and is eager for a fresh challenge.
He told Sky Italia: “My cycle with Lazio is over. I want to find other motivations and go and play for another team.
“I have spoken with Lotito and I explained to him the situation. The president wasn't happy.
“He still doesn't believe that I want to go away, but I am finished with Lazio. I hope Lotito finds a solution that makes us all happy.
“I have spent five wonderful years with Lazio. I have improved a lot and I always behaved well.
“In the last few months I wasn't all that focused. I thought Lotito would ask me to renew my contract and now I have decided to go away.”
Genoa have announced that they have pulled the plug on a deal to sign Portugal winger Ricardo Quaresma from Internazionale.
The 25-year-old endured a difficult first season at the San Siro and was loaned out to Chelsea in January, but failed to make much of an impact at Stamford Bridge.
The former Sporting Lisbon, Barcelona and FC Porto forward had been expected to re-start his career in Genoa, but now looks set to stay with the Nerazzurri for the time being.
Genoa president Enrico Preziosi confirmed: "Ricardo Quaresma will not be joining us.
"Quaresma will not be joining us because he doesn't feel like committing to our project. If this is the way he sees it, then it is only right that he remains with Inter."
Internazionale wing-back Douglas Maicon has again signalled his unhappiness at the San Siro, with both Chelsea and Real Madrid being linked with interest in the Brazilian.
The 27-year-old has been with the Italian champions for three seasons, but feels that he is not appreciated enough by the Nerazzurri.
He told La Gazzetta dello Sport: “I am not a phenomenon, but I am not a player like any other. Inter have been disregarding me for three years.
“I said I would gladly stay at Inter to win the Champions League. As you can see, the good actions have all come from me. The Nerazzurri have kept silent and this behaviour hurts me.
“I have asked my agent to do everything possible to give me back my happiness. I am seeking joy at Inter or at another club.”
Maicon’s agent, Antonio Caliendo, had earlier told calciomercato.it: “Maicon has many years left on his contract with Inter. However, I believe he hasn’t received the attention he deserves.
“Chelsea and Real? We have several options open to us, but first we want to see what happens with Inter.”
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Besiktas: Seven reasons why Arsenal could suffer a Champions League upset
Arsenal transfer news: Could Arsene Wenger move for Danny Welbeck, Loic Remy or Edinson Cavani after Olivier Giroud's injury?
Manchester United transfer news: Is Angel Di Maria really worth £59.7m?
MK Dons vs Manchester United League Cup match report: Louis van Gaal is humiliated after Jonny Evans' error sparks drubbing
Fernando Torres: Chelsea striker insisting on permanent AC Milan deal - reports
- 1 Rice Bucket Challenge: India's take on the Ice Bucket Challenge 'for Indian needs'
- 2 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 Rubble Bucket Challenge: Ice Bucket Challenge adapted in solidarity with Gazans whose homes have been destroyed in conflict
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Make sure you know the new rules from 1 October or risk £1,000 fine
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Air strikes? Talk of God? Barack Obama is following the jihadists’ script after James Foley beheading