Potters aim to rediscover form
Maccabi Tel Aviv v Stoke City
Thursday 03 November 2011
Stoke City aim to recover from successive home defeats when they travel to Maccabi Tel Aviv tonight. Losses against Liverpool and Newcastle United in the last eight days ended the club's proud record at the Britannia but tonight's trip to Israel offers Tony Pulis's side the opportunity to return to form before Sunday's league trip to Bolton Wanderers.
Danny Higginbotham could make a first appearance after seven months out with a knee injury, although Ryan Shawcross and Marc Wilson are injured, Cameron Jerome suspended and Jonathan Woodgate ineligible. "Everybody who's got a pair of boots comes into my thoughts," Pulis said.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
Ian Herbert: Work still to do before this Liverpool can be compared to class of ’08
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
- 1 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police