Rafa Benitez takes over at Napoli
Tuesday 28 May 2013
Rafa Benitez was announced as Napoli's new coach tonight after concluding his interim spell at Chelsea.
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis made the announcement on his personal Twitter account, calling Benitez "a man of great international experience. A leader."
Benitez has reportedly signed a two-year deal worth £3 million per season. The Spaniard led Chelsea to the Europa League title earlier this month, having previously coached Internazionale in Serie A.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Latest in Sport
Comment: David Moyes paying the price of Manchester United's virtual abstinence from top-level transfers since 2006. Can he refire their ambition?
Transfer news: Manchester United will not be forced into panic buys, says David Moyes
Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
DJ Campbell one of six men arrested over spot-fixing allegations, confirm Blackburn Rovers
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis