Real Madrid planning to take legal action after Zinedine Zidane was banned from coaching for three months because of a lack of qualifications

World Cup and Euro 2000 winner did not have proper Level 3 badge

Click to follow
The Independent Online

Real Madrid after planning to take legal action after French legend Zinedine Zidane was banned from coaching for three months on Monday evening.

The Spanish club issued a statement declaring their "absolute disagreement" with the decision taken by the Competition Committee Judge and the Spanish Football Federation.

Zidane, who was promoted from Carlo Ancelotti's assistant to take over Real Madrid Castilla at the start of the season, currently has the Uefa 'A' Licence, equivalent to a Level 2 but short of the Level 3 required to manage in Spain's second tier.

The Real statement said that Zidane "has been authorised by the French Football Federation to work as a head coach in the category Real Madrid Castilla currently find themselves in.

"Real Madrid will pursue every available legal avenue so that this decision is overturned."

The 42-year-old previously told Le Figaro: "I have no regrets about having taken my qualifications in France.

"It's still amazing that there are also so few people to defend me and explain that I did not have special privilege.

"I did not circumvent the difficulty - but some took the opportunity to spit on me."

Real Madrid have 10 working days, from Monday, to lodge an appeal with the Competition Committee’s appeals tribunal. The case could also be taken to Spain’s Administrative Court for Sport, or to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, as a last resort.

Comments