Real Madrid squad almost complete, says Jose Mourinho
Monday 06 August 2012
Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho says his squad is “almost complete,” leaving open the possibility that the Spanish champions will make a big signing before the season begins in two weeks.
Mourinho said: "We are hard at work preparing because we are well aware of the fact that it is not going to be easy. The team is almost complete." His comments to Fox television during a pre-season tour of the United States were reported on the Madrid website.
Madrid has been linked with Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric, who refused to join the English team on its US tour.
Madrid defender Sergio Ramos gave his backing to the Croatian playmaker, saying: "I like football and good footballers, and Modric is one of them."
Latest in Sport
The Prince of Wales Stakes today is regarded by many as the No1 race of the Royal Ascot meeting and ...
by Gareth Purnell
19 June 2013 02:01 AM
Today’s St James Palace looks a cracker and there has been sustained money for Dawn Approach since t...
by Gareth Purnell
18 June 2013 02:01 AM
Newcastle don’t need a football director – they need a new medical team after finishing bottom of the injury league
Newcastle United have shocked their fans by appointing Joe Kinnear as director of football but new f...
by Alex Miller
17 June 2013 04:39 PM
ACT Brumbies v British and Irish Lions - player ratings
Premier League fixture list unveiled: David Moyes and Jose Mourinho on an early collision course
Liverpool expected to complete deal for £6m Spanish winger Luis Alberto in next 48 hours
In pictures: Royal Ascot 2013 - Opening day
Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo advised to stay at Real Madrid for further 18 months before making possible switch to Manchester United
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf