Redknapp focusing on Inter Milan ties
Harry Redknapp insists Tottenham must take something from their upcoming Champions League double-header against Inter Milan if they are to keep alive their dream of reaching the knockout stage.
Spurs have made a fine start to life among the elite of European football by taking four points from their opening two games to lie joint top of Group A alongside Inter.
But manager Redknapp fears failing to add to that total in their mouthwatering clashes with the reigning champions on October 20 and November 2 will ultimately prove fatal.
He told Spurs TV Online: "We've had a good start, we've played well in Germany (against Werder Bremen) and we had a great win last week (over FC Twente).
"But it's still going to be tough. That group is so tight.
"You've got two games now with Inter Milan; you've got to get some points from those games, because the other teams are going to pick up points now.
"If we don't have a good spell, Inter Milan could be through and then the last couple of games, they go and put reserve teams out because they've already qualified.
"That's how the Champions League goes. If you're a betting man and wanted to have a bet, the last games are impossible (to call), because half the teams don't bother.
"They've already won their group, or they can't come any better than second."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'