Sneijder signs new Inter Milan contract
Friday 29 October 2010
Internazionale's Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder has ended speculation about his future by putting pen to paper on a contract extension to keep him at the San Siro until the summer of 2015.
The 26-year-old enjoyed an astonishing first season with the Nerazzurri, helping Inter to a treble of Champions League, Serie A and Coppa Italia success, before playing a major role in the Netherlands' progress to the World Cup final.
However, the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea have been linked with moves to try and prise Sneijder away from Milan, which have now seemingly been dashed.
Inter president Massimo Moratti told the club's official website: "The fans will be happy above all else because we have reached an agreement with Wesley Sneijder for a contract extension until 2015.
"Sneijder became a key player for Inter last season and will be this year and for many years to come.
"The negotiations started despite the fact he had a long time to go on his old deal, but with mutual satisfaction they were completed this morning."
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
Latest in Sport
Ashes 2013/14: England’s Ashes shambles is uglier than ’06 whitewash
Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
Manchester United 0 Newcastle United 1 match report: David Moyes powerless to prevent dismal defeat
Liverpool 4 West Ham 1 match report: Luis Suarez gives England more to fear
Manchester United 0 Newcastle United 1: Champions haven't got a clue
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant